Wednesday 31 August 2016

A Stressful Day

So this is a random post and it has took me a while to think of how to write it but here it is.

I had a weekend of shifts, i'm guessing now around 12 till 10 o' clock as I work at a stadium it was an event day. Now for some reason I was just not looking forward to it and was in such a bad mood. However even though I felt like this I still tried to stay positive and sure that my day hopefully could get only better.

I was based outside the stadium at the 'here to help' sign, helping people who didn't know where their entrance were or where the nearest place was to get food. As the atmosphere was 'buzzing' due to the event being a concert it helped me become a little happier than I was at the beginning of the day.

As the concert started we were allowed to go on break where I had my sandwich and crisps. I couldn't help but feel stressed knowing I had to do the same tomorrow. When the concert was almost at an end we all got into our positions. This is when we help assist people in wheelchairs out of the stadium or even to their cars.

Trying to move the wheelchair around the crowd full of people was stressful as some people just don't feel the need to move out the way. I had finally reached the entrance of the stadium and taken the family to their car when the woman I was taking in the wheelchair handed me a £5 note.

After insisting that I can't take her money she told me I had to take it, so eventually I did. I had never got a tip before so I was almost in shock at someones kindness. After the day I had and the way I was feeling I couldn't believe it.

To get home I had to take two stops on the tube, but with everyone leaving the stadium and police stopping and starting the crowds to avoid any problems. It took about 30 minutes just to walk the 5 minute walk to the train station. You can probably guess by now I just wanted to be home as soon as possible and sleep knowing I have to do it all again tomorrow.

Now the point of my story is this, like always when it was late a woman sits outside the train station at the other end of my journey. She would sit there and ask for any spare change and every single time I'd say "no sorry" as I never had any on me. Tonight was different, I had the £5 note.

Some people would say I was stupid to give her that money... she could spend it on anything like drugs or alcohol. But for every time I walked past her this past year and said "no sorry" like everybody else, £5 wasn't probably even enough.

Sometimes it's the little things that matter more to someone that you can ever imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment